We know that accidents happen and sometimes emergency dental care is needed. In anticipation of this need, we make it a priority to reserve time each day for dental emergencies. Whether you are suffering from a toothache, broken tooth, or tooth loss, we will do all that we can to get you the proper care as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to call us if you are experiencing any oral pain or discomfort. Pain is often a signal of a bigger problem that will not go away unless treatment is provided. Contact VSDental for emergency dental care in Crans-Montana.
While we will do our best to get you an appointment within 24 hours of your phone call, here are some steps that you can take to relieve pain while you wait:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash to ensure that the area stays clean.
- Swollen Lip or Tongue due to injury – Gently wash the area with a napkin or cloth and apply ice or a cold compress to keep the swelling down. If bleeding is persistent, visit an emergency room.
- Broken Tooth – Gently rinse your mouth with room temperature water and apply ice or a cold compress to keep the swelling down.
- Tooth loss – Rinse the tooth with warm water and place it back in the socket if you can. If not, submerge the tooth in milk until you get to the dental office.
- Abscess – Keep the area clean by rinsing with room temperature water every few hours until your appointment.
In order to prevent dental emergencies and avoid the pain and inconvenience that come along with them, try taking steps to avoid such accidents. Wearing a mouth guard when you play sports or avoiding ice and hard candies can go a long way toward preventing toothaches, broken teeth, and tooth loss. However, please do not hesitate to call us at VSDental whenever emergency dental care in Crans-Montana is needed!