While traditional gum disease treatment is still considered to be highly effective and reliable, many patients and
doctors at VSDental are beginning to see laser gum surgery in Sion as the new standard. Modern treatments, such as the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®), are able to reduce pain and discomfort by using a laser instead of a blade to remove infection. Not only does this new technology increase patient comfort, it also reduces the risk of possible complications. Here are a few of the advantages that LANAP® provides:
- Minimal Discomfort – Unlike traditional gum disease treatment, LANAP® involves no cutting of the tissues. Instead, a highly intelligent laser is used to vaporize and eliminate only the tissues that are infected by gum disease.
- Less Bleeding – The heat from the laser can also be used to create blood clots and stop any excessive bleeding that may occur. This also helps protects these areas from bacteria and infection.
- Less Gum Recession – In contrast to traditional gum disease treatment, LANAP® only removes infected tissue. As a result, there is more tissue left along the gum line and recession is kept to a minimum.
- Reduced Inflammation – With just a single treatment, LANAP® can remove as much as 90 percent of the inflammation and swelling that results from gum disease.
- Predictable Long Term Results – One of the most important benefits of LANAP® is the ability to restore areas that have been damaged by infection. In many cases, it is possible to save teeth with this gum disease treatment that might otherwise have been lost.
One reason behind these impressive results is the PerioLase®MVP-7™. This newly developed laser technology is so intelligent that it is able to distinguish between the color and tint of healthy tissue and diseased tissue. With this laser, we have the ability to remove bacteria while avoiding much of the less than favorable effects that sometimes result from traditional gum disease treatment. For more information on laser gum surgery in Sion, contact VSDental to schedule your consultation today!